On route 4 on the Heterocera Atoll, lies a Sim, where the experience still tends to be unpredictable and your world – your imagination is a dream still believed in 😉
Here Simple Wunderlich realizes his dream of being the Director of a Zoo, and as it is located in Second Life, it is no less than a Zoo of All Things imaginable (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lythria/39/86/70) 😉
It started as a single parcel on the lake in the midst of the most ugly accumulation of adfarms, abandoned newbie lands and eyesores on blackmailers parcels you can imagine. It needed much patience, stubbornness and many failures too, until Lythria found to its current layout. Simple’s Zoo of All Things still has two neighbors in Lythria. Please respect their privacy, neither honorable Lady Genesis Dayafter in her castle nor Mr. designer of dragons DreamCrawler Martin are in any way connected to the Zoo, we just try to be good neighbors 😉
Besides being the personal sandbox for Simple Wunderlich, the aim of the Zoo is to offer residents the opportunity to show also their larger, more extensive work to the public and to record them into the archives of Second Life via this blog in the act 😉
With your support at least in this part of Second Life, it will be ‘our world – our Imagination’ again. Be assured, that I will not try to make it ‘more predictable’, on the contrary 😉 Read here How to support and participate.
Being a Zoo of All Things, there are all kind of Exhibition Places available in Lythria. To start with, Simple presents his own stuff and ideas. But expect the exhibitions to change as frequently as possible. Read here more about these places. 2 Parcels on the Lythria Sim are still unused and are waiting on your creativity 😉
Most buildings of the Zoo themselves are part of the exhibition and as such temporary constructions (so visit the Water Tower and the Ring of Fire as long as they exist), but all exhibitions and buildings will be announced and documented in this blog, so starting now, some traces of Simple’s work will be preserved for ever at last 😉
You will face some lag in Lythria. I am aware, that the Zoo of All Things is really not the best example on how to layout a low lag sim. It’s a balancing act between what I want the Sim to look like and what Second Life’s servers are able to compute. Be assured, that we do our part to keep the lag bearable – but YOU have a responsibility too: Read here about how to deal with lag.
To get to the different locations in the Zoo, use the teleport pad: Touch the panel or the pad, pick a destination from the menu and sit on the beam to be transported there. But I recommend you to take your time and walk 😉
There is still some more stuff to explore not mentioned so far in the different posts on this blog:
- free hang gliding: Climb the ladder and go hang gliding, it’s easy and great fun! Do not care about the hang-glider, it will remove itself once you dismount.
- free auto walk: An easy walking tour around the Zoo for 1 or 2 persons. In about 5 min you have a first impression. You can jump off any time you want. The walk starts just in front of the stairs to the parking.
- on the Landing Point on the wall besides the large labeled map of the sim, you find a collection of notecard- and landmark-kiosks to places which Simple recommends every resident to visit as early as possible in his second life 😉
- on the wall of the Exhibition Hall are postcards from visitors on display. Touch the postcard to hear the message and send your postcards too to firstname.lastname@example.org 😉
– and please feed the ducks on your visit! They get annoyed otherwise 😉
– and do not care about the jumping frogs, they do not bite and are allowed to follow you around 😉
– but no way, you may touch the raptors, no way 😉
welcome now in Simple’s Zoo of All Things @ Lythria, may you enjoy your visit interminable as I did my time while building it 😉
Please donate generously if you like the place. All donations will be in favor of the continuous elaboration and extension of Simple’s Lythria Zoo of all Things (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lythria/39/86/70).
And send a postcard of your visit to email@example.com 😉
be nice and have fun …